Friday, January 26, 2007

Oh, a Quiltin' We Will Go!

I have our 100 Good Wishes Quilt for Kylie Grace to attribute to my new found love of quilting. Remember, dear hubby gave me a wonderous sewing machine for Christmas (of which, thank you, Anne, for your help:). And, the big joke was that either my sewing machine was going to collect dust, OR, I was going to be the Sewing Queen. Well, I wouldn't say I am the Sewing Queen just yet, but darn if I am getting close (hehe)! Anyway, I attempted a little fun project just after Christmas. I thought for sure I was doomed, and it just wasn't meant to be. But, then, I decided to take a quilting class, and my first project was going to be a quilt for Lila (our friends Jen and Scott's soon to be daughter from China..well, not SO soon, but hopefully sooner than all the nasty rumors are expecting). So, today was the day I started my class at KMIS - just around the corner from my house. Anywho, here is a sneak-a-peek to the start of Lila's nine patch quilt.
And, guess what, we have homework we must complete before our next class on Friday of next week. I asked the instructor, Linda, (just leave it to me to be the talkative one) if she had a 24 hour hotline for assistance in case of emergency.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm impressed! You seem to be on the way to becoming a "quilter"! Thanks for the offer to help. I'm hyperventilating over here and can't seem to fix this. It seems blogger has a new version and won't let me sign in to my own blog! I've been emailing blogger, changed my password a few times - I am stressing - I wanted my daughter to see it someday...and now it's at a halt!!!
Joanne
chinaprincess.blogspot.com