Saturday, March 10, 2007

The "Brown Envelope"

Who would have thought one could be so happy to see a big "brown envelope" hanging out of a mailbox. I had written off the receipt of the envelope, just in case, because "they" said receiving, or not receiving, this "brown envelope" wasn't a big deal. "Don't be alarmed if you don't receive the "brown envelope", but if you do, let us know that you have." Ok, seriously, how could we not be alarmed, atleast a little bit? with the ups and downs of the whole process, in general, every little thing is exaggerated - it's just a part of the life. I know that, in the past, there have been successful adoptions without the "brown envelope", but still. Seriously.

So, what is the "brown envelope"? Here it is!!



See, I knew you'd understand...heehee. In a nutshell, we have the paperwork that is necessary to bring with us to China, to apply for our daughter's Visa. From what I understand, they have officially acknowledged that we are, in fact, waiting in line to adopt (or, maybe my very convincing mind has made that determination). Yes, I know, I know, that milestone tagged "LID" meant we were officially waiting in line to adopt, but this is... another... officially waiting in line designation. Hey, I will take what I can get! BTW - The letter was dated October 31,2006. Our LID is 10/27/06. We received it 3/10/07.

1 comment:

Lisa~~ said...

Congrats!!