Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Nursery Progress Day 3

Paula and I stenciled the dragonflys and ladybugs above the window today. It truly took both of us because the paint jar was hard to hold during the process, and I couldn't let go of the stencil once I started painting or it would have been a big mess! I got a work out, and we loved the result.


We decided that Paula was much better at sewing (you could say my experience is slim to none), so Paula hemmed the sheers and the panels, and helped iron all of them, too. I think I ironed one of the four (another weakness...I was a bit too slow)!


I am so excited about hanging her first name on the wall. I was the painter today, so I painted the letters and attached the ribbon. I couldn't wait to see the finished product! We tried sponging the letters first, but it really didn't look great, so we decided to use the same solid mulberry color we stenciled with for the ladybugs and dragonflys.




Daddy's home! We needed to measure, level, anchor, and drill the rod for the panels, and add the tie back bars to each side for the days we want the light to shine in. The drapes are heavy and lined for the afternoon naps...





The first picture on the left really shows the truest shade of the paint color in the room. And, since we have been in this room most of the day, Macy has found her corner. Window treatments are done, and the letters are hung with care :-)

Now, the furniture should be here over the next week or so. I am picking up the mattress tomorrow. Still looking for a lamp to place above the armoire, and a rug that is just perfect. That will take some time, and we have it, that's for sure!

We can't wait to see you, Kylie Grace. We hope you'll love your new room as much as we've loved putting it together (if that is even possible)!

No comments: