Thursday, February 15, 2007

Catching Up

I didn't realize it had been so long..here's a quick update on what's happenin' in the Collins family while we wait for our daughter (which by the way, we're at total peace about, for now).

Let's see. Bullets are the easiest, so here we go:
  • Brad came home from his ski trip in Utah, safe and sound.

  • I have almost finished my first quilt for Lila. Actually, we'll be finishing up the binding tomorrow, in class. I've learned I'm not great at sewing looonnggg straight lines without some kind of special foot apparatus. Thank God for the little things ;-)

  • I've finished squares for another quilt top (oh, and this happened the weekend Brad was out of town). No peeking, no pictures, tee hee.

I've learned how to make pillows with piping around the edges, and window treatments. The pillow is a surprise for someone, so no pictures for that one, either. But, here are my first panels.


We went to Tiffany and Warren's house last weekend for dinner..and we were over late enough to play with their Sugar Gliders! I need to get pictures, but they are nocturnal, so I think it might just be cruel to flash them.


And, then there was Valentine's Day. Bradley brought these beautiful flowers home that he hand picked himself from a market - but he brought them home as a surprise the night before Vday. Wasn't that sweet?

I've been very busy working with the real estate business, too.

Oh, and...my sister in law (Brad's sister, Julie), and my nephew (Julie's son), are coming into town tomorrow. They are coming to visit for a week. I'm very excited - they haven't been down to visit since we moved, and we are taking Cole to Disney, Sea World, the Lowry Park Zoo, maybe the Big Cat Rescue, and probably the beach (even if it is just to get his, not my, feet wet..bbrrr!) I bet Cole will also want to get in our pool... eek!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Thesea-Thank you for your wonderful shower gift. I love it! We miss you on the board.

Lisa
LBRTB

Joanne said...

Wow, you've been busy! Good stuff though!
I'm still trying to find someone to make a quilt for Mia...then I will start my 100 Good Wishes Quilt letter ~it's not easy. I considered making it myself...I give you a lot of credit - you are VERY talented though!!!

Daniella said...

What beautiful flowers! Enjoy your visit with your family - I hope it's warms up a bit - we are heading further South to the Keys tomorrow where it's about 10-15 degrees warmer. I know how pathetic that I'm complaining that it's cold :) Actually Joe's just itching to get our new boat out so off we go....
Hope all is well with you, Brad and the pups.
Daniella