Friday, March 23, 2007

Wish You Were Here...

Yep, seeing is believing - that is me on the left...Tiffany on the right. This was taken on the slopes at Boulder Lodge at Lake Tahoe, our first day out. This was my first attempt at snowboarding. I decided to give it a whirl with Tiffany. It really was a lot more fun than I expected, since I am not really the athletic one. Tiffany and I both took private lessons, and after almost 3 hours of lessons, I could actually make it down what they called "the magic carpet" without falling - and I learned how to do this "falling leaf" stuff, where I basically went down turning to the right, back to the middle, and to the left! About 3/4 of the way through my lesson, I was determined to keep going even though my body was quite exhausted, and twisted my arm. Joel, the instructor, helped me determine it wasn't broken, so I kept going. I think I either sprained the area around my elbow, or pulled a muscle. Brad stopped in every once in a while to check in, and of course when he did, and I tried to show off, it didn't work out too well. I do have witnesses, though - Tiffany's husband, Warren, took a rest at the bottom of the mountain where I was practicing, and he saw me. That's our story, and I am sticking to it. I really did do better than I ever thought I would be able to! In fact, I really am interested in learning how to ski so Brad and I can go together - and bring little Kylie with us..there were lots of little kids bundled up, having a blast out in the snow, on one of the most beautiful mountains I have ever seen.
Tiff, who is much more experienced, collided with a skiier during her lesson, and we ended up at the emergency clinic - we really thought she broke her collar bone or something, but thank goodness, she "jammed" it, so we will both be recovering for a few days.

This picture was taken at the top of the mountain at Heavenly, on our second day. Tiff and I took the Gondola up to meet Brad. More pictures to come.. I am off to enjoy another day..

4 comments:

Daniella said...

Wish I was there too! Looks like fun. I sent you and email and posted on my blog and Tea Monkeys but thanks again for everything!!!
Have fun!
Daniella

Unknown said...

This looks like so much fun!
~Rebecca

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! Good for you!

~Rebecca

Lisa~~ said...

Eammon and I were out at Heavenly a number of years ago and it really is aptly named. Good luck with the lessons and remember you can always just enjoy the view from the lodge whilst enjoying a nice warm drink.