Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Birthday Wishes

Of course, if anyone asks, I say " a baby" to the question ... " What do you want for your birthday?" It is actually the same answer for Christmas - and it will be until... well, you know.

Today was a great day. The day started with lots of "Happy Birthday to You" songs from Tiffany, Julie and Cole, Tracy and the girls, Lane, Jane, and Kathy. My mom, Anne, Paula (mom in law), and Pam from my office called with birthday wishes. Paula and I went to a sewing class and we created these great purses/diaper bags/laptop bags - whatever your fancy. The fabric is from the Amy Butler line, which I love..its lots of fun. It really wasn't too hard, and I think I'll make it again. Very versatile, about 11x17, and I can make them with any fabric we want! maybe I should consider them for fundraisers? What do you think?

Front and a pic of the inside with pockets (oh yeah, I have to finish putting buttons on)



and the back with another pocket...

We went to lunch with Tracy at Donny's. Ok, not the best food I remember, but the company was the best. Tracy "surprised" me with a pair of shoes she knew I wanted (haha, actually, she had them in her car last week and I saw them, so I knew they were coming, but I was still really excited - it was an inside joke), and Paula surprised me with a briefcase, purse, and charm bracelet. Brad surprised me with a new bluetooth headset for my cell ( no, honey, I will not take yours tomorrow now). Julie and Cole brought me a beautiful arrangement of flowers and a BBB gift card (which will totally go to great use asap). AND, we went to eat Mexican tonight... my favorite.

Last night I finished Amber's quilt for Christmas...

And, here is a better picture of Kylie's

It really was a perfect birthday. I am so thankful for all of my friends and family.

3 comments:

Daniella said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Love the bag and the quilts are awesome! You are one talented chick!

Lisa~~ said...

You are so talented and all the items you've made are beautiful. I wish that Kylie was here with you already but your new news is very exciting and I can't wait to see your family grow. Happy b-day. Hugs.

Brandi said...

Hi!

I just found your blog, and wanted to say those bags are awesome! What talent you have!