Sunday, December 09, 2007

"Waiting for Kylie Grace"


I made ornaments again this year for our family - "Waiting for KGC", and on the back is "2007". I never thought in a million years we wouldn't be sharing our referral around this time, and we'd be making the ornaments a tradition!

I've been out of the loop for while, but here's the latest update:

We are patiently waiting for KGC, as best we can. I went through quite a slump - from anger to resentment, sadness, and even hopelessness..something I know most of my friends out there understand first hand.

As most of you know, I am in the real estate business - our local market isn't as bad as the press is making it out to be, so I am relatively busy. Busy enough, I should say. The press has hurt us, so this also hasn't been a real positive area of our lives either. And remember Hubby is also in the industry. No stress there, right? Ha!

I've really enjoyed decorating the new house ("new house" - I'll get to that), and have been keeping busy outside of work with the house, quilting, photography, spending time with friends, and babysitting. Here is one that I am making for my best friend's daughter who just turned 13. You can't really see it here, but there are shoes, purses, and keyboards - all things she loves. Along with lots of flowers and bright colors. I hope she loves it. I am making one for her sister, too, but it's not ready.


I've enjoyed meeting a few of the Moms that blog in our new state. I followed their blogs for so long while we were in FL, so it is nice to actually get to know them in person. I've decided not to say what state we've moved to since we have also decided a few other things... I'll get to that.

Oh, right, I haven't really talked about moving. So much has happened since my last significant post in March of this year. We decided to relocate just after that post, and moved into our new home in June/July. We sold our previous house in record time considering the market change. I love our new house and we are staying put for a long time.

What else are we up to? DH is working more than lots of hours. He is also traveling, which is very interesting to him right now, so I am all for it. I'm glad he isn't going anywhere this week since its my BDAY!!

Ok, the new decisions we've made. We are going to pursue another adoption. And just a few minutes ago, we also decided to POSSIBLY pursue IVF again. Do you think the birthday coming up has anything at all to do with all these new decisions?? Time is flying. (Except for of course with the wait for KGC). We know we want to build our family with atleast two children. The reality is KGC won't be here for another 2 years - maybe longer, so we can't just continue to float around with our heads in clouds. AND, before you ask, yes, we are still adopting from China. KGC may not even be thought about at this point, but we will not let her go!

Enough for tonight - one step at a time.




1 comment:

Daniella said...

Hey there friend
All good stuff!!! I'm soooo happy for you and Brad for this new decision. I'm not feeling great at all about the adoption. We've told Joseph this weekend that it may not happen. It was a hard conversation. We will continue the wait but so much can change in 2 years. Time will tell for now - one day at a time. Happy Holidays~